When looking to market a business, one of the most effective ways of getting favorable results is to use inbound marketing.
With inbound marketing, a business will be in position to have potential customers contact them. Inbound marketing has become the preferred way of getting customers in recent years.
From lead generation to email marketing, here are 25 inbound marketing statistics every marketer needs to know:
- Companies that perform well at lead nurturing are able to generate 50% more sales ready leads at a cost that is 33% lower. (Forrester Research)
- On average, nurtured leads produce a 20% increase in sales opportunities versus non-nurtured leads. (Ultimate List of Marketing Statistics)
- Leads that are nurtured make 47% larger purchases than leads that aren't nurtured.(Annuitas Group)
- According to Hubspot, 50% of consumer time online is spent reading and evaluating custom content.
- About 70% of businesses are either using a marketing automation platform or are installing one. (Aberdeen Group)
- 67% of business to business marketers that take advantage of the process of lead nurturing see an increase in sales opportunities of 10%. 15% of businesses see the opportunities increase by a rate of 30% more. (Demand Gen)
- Marketers who use automation software generate twice the amount of leads as those using email blast. (Autopilot)
- Companies that use marketing automation are able to convert 53% more leads and experience 3.1% more revenue growth than those who don’t use automation in their marketing. (Aberdeen Group)
- Approximately 63% of businesses that use automation as part of their inbound marketing strategy grow more quickly than their competition. (The Lenskold Group)
- 66% of buyers agreed that a winning vendor was able to provide higher quality content and 63% stated that the winning vendor’s content was more reliable in terms of building a business case for making a purchase. (Demand Gen)
- The top 3 content formats that business to business buyers look for when looking to reach a purchase decision are White papers (78%), Case Studies (73%), and Webinars (67%).(Demand Gen)
- 80% of business decision makers prefer to get information from articles rather than advertisement. (Forbes)
- Leads generated from inbound marketing cost 62% less than those generated by traditional outbound marketing. (HubSpot)
- Approximately, 80% of companies who aren't meeting their revenue goals, attract 10,000 monthly website visitors or less. While 70% of Companies who are exceeding their revenue goals, report attracting more than 10,000 visitors per month. (HubSpot)
- Customers say they feel better about a company that provides custom content and are 61% more likely to buy. (Content Council)
- Emails with a personalized message have an average open rate of 17.6%, compared to 11.4% without personalization. (Statista)
- In the year 2014, email marketing was revealed to be the most effective digital marketing channel for retaining customers in the United States. (eMarketer)
- Saturday has the highest CTR at over 9% with Sunday being second at just under the 9% mark. (HubSpot)
- The phrase “Click Here” gets the highest percentage of clicks and more than “Go” or “Submit”. (HubSpot)
- By 2020, Email use worldwide will top 3 billion users. (The Radicati Group)
- Emails read on smartphones or tablets account for two thirds of all emails read. (Marketing Land)
- 81% of US digital shoppers said they were likely to make additional purchases either in store or online due to targeted emails. (Harris Interactive)
- According to eConsultancy, approximately 83% of companies use basic segmentation for their email campaigns.
- 93% of buying cycles start with a search on the internet. As a result, if your company is high on the search results, you will be able to get lots of free brand awareness. (Marketo)
- 68% of all organic clicks go to the top three search results. (eConsultancy)
- Relevant content creation has proven to be the most effective SEO tactic for 72% of marketers. (Ascend2)
- 54% of consumers believe that it's much easier to find information on sites that are optimized for mobile. (ExactTarget)
- 27% of consumers will leave a website if the site isn't optimized for mobile devices. (ExactTarget)
- 37% of consumers are more likely to purchase from a site that is optimized for mobile devices. (Exact Target)
- Mobile devices warrant more Google searches in 10 countries including the United States and Japan. (Ultimate List of Marketing Statistics)
- Half of mobile searches are conducted with the hope of finding local results and 61% of these findings result in a purchase. (Search Engine Watch)
As well as using search engine optimization and mobile device optimization, businesses have benefited from the use of blogging and social media.
With blogging, companies are able to write about topics their target audience is interested in as well as new information about trends in their industry.
This allows consumers to be more informed about the business and to make better buying decisions.
The use of social media has also helped increase the visibility of many businesses. With social media, businesses are able to engage and interact with customers.
This allows them to link consumers to their site and provide important information as well. By blogging and using social media, businesses have been in position to take full advantage of inbound marketing.
No matter what methods businesses use, inbound marketing has proven to enable companies to grow more quickly and efficiently.
I hope you found this information beneficial and feel free to comment down below any thoughts or questions you may have.